June 24, 2014:

  • Joseph: fixed issues in the software, working on annotated materials from Dr. Lonsdale's class
  • Peter: has Masters Thesis turned in! SOAR workshop was interesting; working on evaluator, noting differences between SOAR and annotator/workbench evaluators
  • Thomas: has been working on HMM version of ListReader (as opposed to RegEx version); is reaching higher recall; working on final paper
  • Tae Woo: has been working on OSMX-to-JSON; stuck on offsets/bounding boxes; working with Thomas on that
  • Christopher: has been working on timing issues (multiple document onready event handlers); hasn't been able to replicate the bug, but sees possible race condition situation; working also on checkbox state recording problem; found issue with Alt-Click under certain window managers
  • Dr. Liddle: worked with Christopher & NSF grant proposal
  • Dr. Lonsdale: not much to report
  • Dr. Embley: turning attention to obituaries; found issues with annotator, inference mechanism; will Pat & John come? no – we're just going to work on doing obituaries with our current toolset; so Dr. Embley is working on obituaries as his main thing; need to be able to run in batch mode
  • Sidebars:
    • Annotation issues
    • Offset issues? (Peter)
    • Summer direction Embley/Lonsdale/Peter
    • Feeding obituaries to Frontier
    • Need to finish up QMMQ paper next week
    • Reminder: Tae Woo's proposal needs attention

June 17, 2014:

  • Dr. Embley: paper accepted to workshop, R&R for HyKSS paper
  • Joseph: met with Peter & Dr. Embley; sent some code to Peter
  • Dr. Liddle: committed an update to replace soft hyphens with regular hyphens
  • Christopher: has key field pretty much done (a few cosmetic issues remain)
  • Dr. Lonsdale: Peter defended successfully
  • Tae Woo: has a first draft of proposal; has been looking at OSMXWrapper and Frontier; believes he can get what he needs from OSMX document
  • Thomas: submitted the paper they've been working on; need to decide what goes into the last paper
  • Dr. Woodfield: has been massaging that same set of stuff; started looking at GEDCOM-X; the Church is using GEDCOM-X as a transport model
  • Sidebars:
    • PDFIndexer
    • Big picture architecture discussion
    • Obituary project with Family History organization (tens of millions of obituaries to index)
    • Backup/restore form
    • DEG product backlog, key field implementation demo

June 10, 2014:

  • Peter to present (dry run for 10am Friday, 4068 JFSB)
  • Christopher: made some progress on keyField; it is saving and loading; working on several special cases; hope to be done this week; found a couple of minor glitches
  • Joseph: has all the rules written to generate gold standards
  • Thomas: almost done with the paper (probably this week); coding for the next paper
  • Dr. Liddle: worked with the various students; WWDC
  • Dr. Embley: working on lots of related things
  • Sidebars:
    • Joseph & Dr. Liddle to discuss automation of converter workflow
    • Backups: we need to set it up
    • TO DO: modify PDF Indexer to convert soft hyphens to standard hyphens instead

June 3, 2014:

  • Peter: spent time looking at existing evaluator code; will do a different evaluator from scratch with some guidance from existing evaluator; discovered some challenges
  • Thomas: finished reading/editing paper; still need to get some numbers if possible – may not be easy: we'll see
  • Christopher: working on key fields in annotator; grid mode working well but standard mode needs a little work; not saving yet; plenty more to do still
  • Dr. Embley: Fort McHenry is worth seeing! Had a nice trip.
  • Dr. Liddle: Worked with Peter & Christopher
  • Sidebars:
    • Annotator demo with current status of key fields
    • Need to discuss annotator / converter formats – especially dealing with hyphens / PDF Indexer (bug in transport-layer character set)
    • Evaluator
    • TKDD

May 27, 2014:

  • Peter: working on data automation; needs help with repo usage
  • Tae Woo: working on OSMX-to-JSON, inserting instance data into database (currently hard-coded form ID)
  • Thomas: working on paper more; may be done within the next week; next up: the subsequent paper
  • Joseph: did some coding over the holiday weekend; implemented change about space not being added – now fixed in JSON-to-OSMX converter (needs redeployment); added mechanism to tie annotated things reliably across different formats; updated version numbers on a couple of projects
  • Christopher: found possible issue with unrolling; good progress on key field; more to do, especially with grid mode and 1-many relationships
  • Dr. Woodfield: worked on OSM extensions
  • Dr. Embley: worked on paper with Thomas; heading to DC this Thursday
  • Dr. Liddle: worked with various students
  • Sidebars:
    • Using SVN, coordinating with Joseph, others
    • Tae Woo using Frontier tools with GreenFie
    • Christopher's next steps, DEG backlog review
    • Discussion on OSM extensions

May 20, 2014:

  • Christopher: working on annotator (fixed focus handler, etc.)
  • Tae Woo: working on OSMX-to-JSON program; figured out the output format; has some questions about how to insert data instance into database
  • Thomas: writing, working with Dr. Embley, working on new approach for the last paper
  • Joseph: working on JSON-to-OSMX converter
  • Dr. Woodfield: worked on OSM extensions
  • Dr. Embley: spent most of time working with Peter and Thomas; working on the ensemble
  • Dr. Liddle: worked with Tae Woo, Peter, and Christopher; met with team from Family History about Chinese documents
  • Sidebars:
    • Joseph's email on JSON-to-OSMX
    • Story 229
    • Tae Woo database
    • Dr. Woodfield's paper
    • Ensemble (if time)

May 13, 2014:

  • Tae Woo: started programming for proposal; has blockers
  • Dr. Woodfield: took a vacation! started talking about how to implement concepts from workshop paper (specifically Level 4, contradiction, soft constraints, etc.); Dr. Woodfield needs OSM-X schema
  • Joseph: worked on RDF converter for simple implementation of complex annotations to get value properties when there are complex annotations; needs more work to encode complex annotations within the RDF
  • Dr. Embley: had a bit of a vacation (flying standby); worked with various students
  • Dr. Liddle: implemented a couple of items; worked with Peter on annotator
  • Christopher: fixed problem with focus handler; made progress on other items; need to discuss save OSMX
  • Peter: has collected some data; picked 12 of 200 URIs, made text files for them to run through OntoSOAR; fixed a bug in LG Parser; dealt with some Unicode issues; spent a day trying to quantify the results; has complete draft of thesis now (w00t!)
  • Dr. Lonsdale: working with Peter; will be gone on Tuesdays the next five weeks
  • Thomas: looking at errors, thinking about next steps; so far that involves doing a better job of finding records; looking at hypothesis testing (like chi-squared)
  • Sidebars:
    • Tae Woo blockers
    • Talking about the whole line

May 6, 2014:

  • Christopher: has been working on OSMX failing in standard mode but working in grid mode; there's an issue that shows up in the converter; working on not auto-scrolling unless focus moves off visible screen (still need to check horizontal boundaries); still having problems with marriages of person form (getFieldFromIndex recursive call has undefined element); wants to schedule regular meeting time
  • Thomas: looking at errors in current code as he plans for next paper; will be depending on latest annotator/converter sometime soon
  • Joseph: working on fixing relationship sets in JSON-to-OSMX converter to properly recognize when two rel sets are equivalent; seems to be working fine; wrote some rules for the annotated data that Dr. Lonsdale's class provided to transform to target ontology; needs to work on RDF converter (sometimes doesn't generate value property)
  • Dr. Embley: got our paper out the door; spent a lot of time on paper with Thomas; should be able to return it to him in a day or so
  • Dr. Liddle: got our paper out the door; did a lot of ER reviewing; held the IBMC Thu-Sat last week
  • Peter: has pronoun resolver working well with OntoSOAR; also has list of links to data files he can process; is working on getting a good set of 3-page documents to use; interested in looking at additional data beyond this set
  • Dr. Lonsdale: worked with Peter and with data from students
  • Sidebars:
    • Derek Dobson (Church) would like to use annotator to do Chinese family history books; would like meeting on May 15, 3pm @470 TNRB
    • Converter/Peter
    • Embley/Lonsdale/Peter
    • Jenkins access/Subversion/POM files/etc.
    • Backups
    • Backlog

Apr. 29, 2014:

  • Peter: making progress, shifting to working at Orem office where Dr. Embley is
  • Dr. Lonsdale: grading
  • Thomas: working with Dr. Embley to finish a paper, thinking about the next one
  • Dr. Woodfield: working on QMMQ paper – getting close
  • Dr. Embley: working with Thomas, Woodfield/Liddle on QMMQ paper, etc.
  • Joseph: working with data from Dr. Lonsdale's class; is there an issue with converter and n-ary relationship sets?
  • Christopher: made it home safely, switch click/alt-click semantics, added “-” keyboard shortcut, removed pop-up menus; has been working on change in focus handler for #215 (close, but one problem yet to resolve)
  • Dr. Liddle: grading, working on QMMQ paper, working with Christopher, etc.
  • Sidebars: Peter's work (ensemble), how to post to web site, QMMQ paper
    • Ensemble sidebar:
    • Need to collect all the tools we're creating and run them together
    • The converter is having difficulty with n-ary relationship sets coming from Annotator2 (see also #218 – UTF-8)
    • How to ground-truth
    • Joseph's evaluator
deg/summer-2014-minutes.txt · Last modified: 2015/06/12 16:45 by ryancha
Back to top
CC Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
chimeric.de = chi`s home Valid CSS Driven by DokuWiki do yourself a favour and use a real browser - get firefox!! Recent changes RSS feed Valid XHTML 1.0