Putting Your Publication on Axon
So you have published a paper, and now you want to put it on Axon. These are the instructions you need.
--THESE ARE THE OLD INSTRUCTIONS. NOW YOU USE THE WEB PAGE TO UPLOAD YOUR PAPER--
BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR PAPER FIRST CHECK COPYRIGHT FOR THE VENUE THAT YOU SUBMITTED TO
- first, determine the copyright permissions for the venue where you published.
If the copyright agreement allows you to upload a pdf on a personal/school web server, ssh into axon.cs.byu.edu
- cd /var/www/papers
- Observe the naming convention. Please give your paper a name that is consistent with this system.
- copy your paper into axon:/var/www/papers
- cd /var/www/papers/bib
- This folder contains a ".bib" file for every paper. It's not a true LaTeX ".bib" file, but it is very similar. Make a ".bib" file for your paper and put it here. Don't forget to include the abstract in it. Also, make sure that the key (the identifier at the very beginning) matches the filename of your paper. (Currently, it doesn't seem to support "inproceedings", so use "incollection" instead.)
- cd /var/www/source
- sudo make
- If there are no errors, then you're done. If there are errors, then keep reading to learn about how this system works.
How it works
* The "Makefile" in /var/www/source launches some Perl scripts. * I think Adam Peterson wrote these scripts. (It would be courteous to be sure you understand what's going on before bothering him about it.) * These perl scripts generate the web pages on Axon. * They start by parsing all of the ".bib" files in /var/www/papers/bib * They use the "key" in the .bib file to find the corresponding filename of the paper in /var/www/papers
That's as much as I know about this system to date. Good luck, and please update this page.